Reading, Travelling, and Godly Music
- Reading, traveling, and listening to godly music helps me to relieve stress while focusing on God and allowing Him to work out His purpose in the situation.
- Any outside activity, definitely! Walking, a bike ride, time with my horse, even mowing the lawn. When all else fails, a good cry and a bath!
Share Your Stress Tips
- I go for prayer always - communicate with the creator, God. I surrender to him my will and my ways, knowing that my days are numbered for good, and that things that come my way are not accidental, but purposeful. I'm always mindful of letting go and letting God take over everyday, especially when faced with a stress situation. Finally, i am just a steward of the talents and resources that God has endowed to me. If i can let go of all these for His use, I can experience more breathing space and freedom. I am always mindful of my expiry date - which may be just TODAY. May you be blessed.
- —Guest Leong S C
Reading the Bible
- I find that when I read the Bible and read how God promises to help us through overwhelming times, I relax more. His promises are always true and I can trust God to help me when things get hard in life.
- —Guest Bonnie
- I find it comforting to pick up one of my favourite self-help books and just read a random page. I usually find a some very insightful comments that help me in identifying the root of my stress.
- —Guest Salil
Get Up Earlier
- A few weeks ago I started to get up 1 hour earlier than I used to. I prepare a cup of green tea (with honey!) and do some light exercise like Pilates for about 20 minutes. After that I sit down on a comfortable sofa and silence my inner voice, just paying attention to my breathing (I learned this here :) ). This way I feel less stressed during the day and have much more energy for starting the morning.
- —Guest Valentino
- A dose of serenity in the morning and a dose of gratitude in the afternoon!
- —Guest Carol Cele
- I play guitar, and find that I can get lost in my own music. Playing music is a great stress reliever for me, and my girlfriend says my playing makes her feel better, too.
- —Guest Sam
- I read about mindfulness meditation, and have found it to be wonderfully helpful in my life. I meditate a few times a week, and that's enough to help me become 'centered' more quickly when I'm stressed.
- —Guest Henry
- I'm a big fan of walking. I tend to pound out my stress on the pavement, and it works for me! I feel less stressed throughout the day after a morning walk, and I don't have to diet as much as I did before I became a walker.
- —Guest Sandy