As you read each question, try to vividly imagine yourself in each situation. Think of how you would react (be honest), and then choose the answer that sounds most like what you would say to yourself. (There may not be an answer exactly like your probably real life reaction, so choose what would be most similar.) At the end of the quiz, you’ll be told whether you have a positive or negative explanatory style, and given resources to begin the shift from pessimistic to optimistic thinking, if need be. Have fun!
Note: Optimism and pessimism aren't as obvious as you may think. To gain the most benefit from this test, take the whole quiz and then read the explanations as to why an answer shows a positive or negative explanatory style. You may be surprised!
- Quiz: What Are Your Stress Symptoms?
- Quiz: How Resilient Are You?
- Quiz: What's Myth and What's Reality? Test Your Stress Knowledge!
- Quiz: Might Stress Be Affecting Your Weight?
- Quiz: What Stress Relievers Are Best For You?
- Quiz: Are You At Risk For Job Burnout?
- Quiz: Do You Have A Type A Personality?
- Quiz: Are You An Adrenaline Junkie?
- Quiz: Is Your Anxiety Level Excessive?
- Quiz: How Happy Are You?
- Quiz: Is Your Social Life An Asset Or A Liability?
- Quiz: Is Your Stress Level Unhealthy?
- Quiz: Is Your Lifestyle Too Stressful?
- Quiz: Is Your Communication Style Healthy?
- Quiz: How Does Stress Affect Your Health?
- Quiz: Are You A Perfectionist?
- Quiz: Are You Overscheduled?
- Quiz: Are You An Optimist or a Pessimist?