Every year, many people set New Year's Resolutions for themselves--plans for changes in one's life that can bring less stress, greater health, and increased happiness
. (I recommend that people set goals rather than resolutions
, in order to avoid new year perfectionism
, burnout, and frustration that sabotage success.) What are your new year's resolutions? What do you really want in life? Share your new year's resolutions and tell why they're important, and see what others are planning for the new year! Share Your Resolutions!
- My two resolutions are to lose 25 pounds and read a financial book every month.
- —Guest Michelle
Resolutions with Children
- Starting weekly allowance for my children $1 per age per week - so 13 yr old gets $13, etc. All requests by me done without flack or allowance not paid on Friday. Also plan to read the New Testament in a year with children -only 1 chapter (5 min) on workdays so shouldn't be that difficult. And of course exercise 2-3 times per week and continue to cut stress out of our family's lives. Wish me luck!
- —Guest BrigWayne
- Saving $10K, having a perfect credit status, getting tan & more toned for summer beaches, and spending next New Year's in tropical sand.
- —Guest topaz26
Ninety & All Wet!
- Having successfully reached 90 yrs. & still doing my water exercises, I'll CONTINUE THEM as long as I LIVE!
- —Guest guest Florence
- I want to married at the age of 31 and continue my education in accounting after settleing down.
- —Guest briggs
- I'm keeping a gratitude journal this year for the first time in my life as one strategy to help deal with my negative self-talk which can be rather harsh at times.
- —Guest Jack
Opposite Direction to Perfectionism
- Till now, I was moving in the direction of perfectionism. Starting this year, I want to move in the opposite direction to perfectionism. Perfectionism has affected all areas of my life: grad school, friends & relatives, leisure time etc. I want to be free of perfectionist thinking & behaivors.
- —Guest AmoghRajanna
No More Stress Eating!
- I want to work on relieving stress in healthier ways. Right now I eat when I'm stressed. Soon, I will exercise, meditate, and write in my journal instead. Starting now.
- —Guest Anika
Don't Sweat The Small Stuff
- I tend to stress out a lot over things that don't really matter. I have a good friend who manages to let it all roll off her back. I don't think I could ever be completely that mellow about things, but I'd like to not worry so much about everything that happens in my life. I'd like to learn to only worry about the major things that need worrying about.
- —Guest Beth
Spend Less, Save More!
- We've been experiencing some serious money stress lately! My goal is to have more money and less stress this year.
- —Guest James
- Normally, I set the resolution to lose weight. This year, I'm setting a goal to work out 3 times per week. It's healthy, more specific, and will hopefully help me reach my weight loss goal, too. Wish me luck!
- —Guest Deb