With families finding themselves busier than ever, it's often difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle. As a result, obesity rates and juvenile diabetes, among many other conditions, is on the rise. That's why it's important to maintain strategies that keep your family healthy. What are some of the habits and strategies that you've adopted to keep your family healthy? Share Your Tips!
Hikes in the Woods
- We add to the fun level by hunting for berries or turtles, depending on the season!
- —Guest leonora
We Go Outside!
- As often as possible, we play together or at least just hang out in our backyard as a family. A few years ago we re-landscaped it to make it a lot more user-friendly - more lawn to play on, more seating areas, low-maintenance plantings, etc. We get outside together for a little while after dinner and almost all day on weekends.
- —Guest catherine
CSA Farm Share
- It's just my husband and I, but I subscribed to a CSA farm last year and now we have fresh local vegetables all summer and autumn. I'm making salads and vegetable dishes every night, so we are eating far more veggies than ever before.
- —Guest wb
- My Mother insisted we drink one fresh squeezed orange juice every morning. We have orange groves here in Calif & her mother had them drink orange juice. I don't think my 2 brothers & I had colds very often, or they didn't last long & she swears that this was preventive medicine that worked .
It's the Food
- I don't do everything perfectly, but I really try to keep our eating habits healthy. I cook ahead on weekends so we have healthy meals and snacks for the rest of the week. It helps me feel less stressed knowing that our meals are sort of 'taken care of' for the week.
- —Guest Isabelle
- We love taking walks with our kids in the early evening. We end up getting to know our neighbors better, we get exercise, and we find ourselves discussing things that are going on in our lives. It's brought us closer as a family, and keeps us healthier.
- —Guest Susan