Friendship is one of life's greatest gifts! Research shows that strong friendships can help us weather life's stresses more easily, and bring a host of other benefits as well. And while every friendship is different, great friendships often have similar ingredients, whether it's having fun together, being loyal, or stimulating each other intellectually. What do you look for in a friendship? Share your thoughts on friendship, and see what others have to say. Share Your Thoughts!
Trust and Care
- Friendship is one thing that contributes to the betterment of life. But then when one involves into a friendship that has no trust for either of them and as well as no trust between them, then that relationship is danderous and can lead to a great damage of one's life life completely. Therefore it's very important that before one gets him/herself deep into friendship, there is a clear assurance of the partner's trust.
- Mutual trust. Shared interests. Sense of humor. Empathy. A strong mutual liking. Dependability. Mutual shelter in a storm that often passes when someone who cares about you listens objectively. Freedom to be yourself and to return the favor willingly. A friend is one who gives comfort and accepts comfort when the need arises without strings attached. True friends can be confidants and "get" one another but don't try or need to be clones.
- —Guest Frances134
- It is a fact that love and mutual respect leaves a better place for friendship. The relation nurtures in sharing tough times together, which springs from love.
- —Guest jaya
- I think friendship is a good gift for friends. Friends help in every field of life.
- —Guest Zia ul Haq
- Sharing dreams is the thing that makes a friendship great. Soooo great. When you have someone that feels that safe and secure with you and that speaks about his secret soul and dreams, you feel a warm vibration within you that makes you feel that important and great that you are the one how a human show his inner soul and heart for you. That's great. Thank God I experienced it...
- —Guest mona
- A good friend is someone who will help you out when you really need it, even if it isn't convenient!
- —Guest Lila
- I really need to feel understood. There are so many people out there who will be more judgmental than understanding, so to me, a good friendship is characterized by a willingness to really understand one another well. I love being able to just be myself with someone!
- —Guest Sandy
Partner In Crime
- I really enjoy friends whom I can have fun with, who will go out of their way to enjoy life with me, and maybe inspire me to try things I wouldn't normally try. I guess I'd say that a sense of adventure and willingness to bring out the best in each other makes a great friendship.
- —Guest Elle