Not all stress is bad. Eustress is the type of stress that's actually good for us--it keeps us feeling vital and alive! Without it, we would grow depressed and unhappy. You experience eustress when you ride a roller coaster, go on a date, or take on a new challenge. What causes you eustress these days? Share your answer, and see what others have to say. Share Your Eustress Story
10th Exam Time
- I experienced eustress when I had to appear for my 10th ICSE exams. I had to get up early in the morning so that I could revise lessons before appearing for exams. That was positive stress. After reading, revision is very important and it helped me secure good results. Thus, I understood the benefits of experiencing eustress.
- —Guest Rashmi Priya
- I get happy when I score a goal! :D And I always like it when I whip people in the game. Bring it on!!
- —Guest Jess
- I just started mountain biking after my husband left me. I tackled a fairly difficult uphill trail on my second trail ride. It was very stressful going in but when I came down off that hill, still standing (or sitting on my bike I guess is more like it!) I was very happy and nothing could bring me down! What a natural high!
- —Guest Heather
- There are few things in life as intense as sailboat racing. You have to focus every bit of your attention on getting that boat to move as quickly through the water as you can. When the race is over, your mind is cleansed thoroughly of all of its usual noise.
- —Guest penny
- I like to write fiction. My Eustress comes in when I submit a package to an editor then anxiously await their reply.
Sing, Sing, Sing
- I sing with a community choir - the pieces are often quite challenging. Add to this that making time for practice can be a logistical nightmare because I have to find a sitter. Sometimes I am nervous because my voice is not always 100% due to allergies. All the stress associated with getting to practice melts away once we start warming up. We work hard for two hours each week. Peformances can be a whole new level of stress because we may not feel as confident with a piece as we'd like, but it always seems to come together in the end!
- —Guest Connie G.
- I am afraid of public speaking--or I have been in the past--and I go to Toastmasters. Setting goals to get through the different speeches has created an excitement in my life that I really enjoy.
- —Guest Elysse
- I started running as a way to blow off stress and get my body back in shape after having my first baby. Two babies and 5 years later, I train for marathons. It can be stressful, but it's that good kind of stress!
- —Guest Sharon