We all experience daily stress, and have developed some strategies for dealing with it. What are your best stress management tips? Share your best stress management tips, and get stress management tips from other readers. The more stress management tips you find, the more options you have for dealing with daily stress! Share Your Stress Tips!
Books and Conversation
- For me specifically, reading books helps me manage stress and also communicating or calling friends or family members. However, there are times I prefer solitude and so a good book comes in handy.
- —Guest Guest
Qigong as a Stress Reliever
- Three years ago I was introduced to something that helps me EVERYTIME that I am in a stressful situation and it is called: QIGONG. It is easy, soft movements that you do with your body. It is something that you practice everyday, and therefore it will help your stress before stressful things arise. I would recommend this to anyone, as it has changed my life, so much that it has helped me mentally as well. I used to have a "short fuse" but that has totally changed. Anyone can do it, so if you are serious in looking for something that will help stress in your life, seek out an instructer, a trained instructer, and take a few classes, and you will be on your way to a much more stress-free life!
- —Guest Dallasemmitt
Start Thinking About Yourself
- Wear good clothes as often as you can, do suitable make up, love yourself - go for a walk if possible, do yoga or dance. Talk positive, physical activity helps and pray to God.
- —Guest Heena
Stress Be Gone
- I have a pretty stressful job, so when I get home I like to cook dinner (cooking helps alleviate my stress). After dinner, I like to run a nice bath with some scented mineral salts and make a nice, hot cup of chamomile tea with honey. I soak for about 20 minutes and sip my tea. I put on some cuddly pajamas and curl up on the couch and write in my journal before going into go to bed. There I read for a bit. I feel all the stress just flow out of my mind and body.
If I am at work and can't deal with the stress, I will go outside and do deep breathing to try to relieve the stress that I am feeling at that moment.
Stress Management Tip
- Laughter is the key for me. I make sure to find at least one thing every day that really makes me smile and then I share it with others.
Easy De -Stressor
- A quick fix when you feel overwhelmed is to go out and look at the sky for a while. It is so simple but really works.
- —Guest Fran
- Several times a day, pause to notice how you are feeling, what you are worried about, and notice any tension in your body. Take a few deep breathes and tell yourself to let go. I like to take a deep breathe in when I acknowledge the worry, thought or tension, then think "I let go" as I breathe out. You can do this anywhere, anytime, but I recommend setting a timer or have some other cue to do this throughout the day.
- —Guest Seorsa
Stress Management Tips
- A sure-fire stress tip is freedom from people that cause it. And conversely finding people that love you. Conversation of the nice sort, is great. Reading a book with someone is also good.
- —Guest Ann Thomas
Learn Lists and Use Them
- In an effort to maintain my cerebral capacity while aging, I do puzzles and learn lists. I am up to 60 lists that I can review while waiting in an interminable line at the post office, bank or store. And remember, the world doesn't cause you stress; you do it to yourself when the world gets peculiar.
- —Guest pathdoc
- I exercise when I am stressed. Morning time is best for a good cardio/ strength routine. After my workout I feel awesome, and I forgot why I was so stressed out to begin with!
- —Guest Lisa Gordon
Prayer Does It For Me
- Praying and fasting! And letting the Lord lead the way!
- —Guest john
- I used to beat any stress coming on my way by eating well and exercising well. If time permits, also read a pleasant book.
- —Guest UDAYBHANU
Crochet or knit
- Depending on what I am making at the time, I either crochet or knit to decrease my stress level.
- I like to call my best friend to relieve stress. I also like to write 5 things that I am grateful for each day in a journal. This keeps my outlook positive and less stressful.
- I pray and read my Bible more when I exercise. Body, soul and spirit must all be in synchronization to be truly healthy. Prayer is my meditation and quiets my inner voice. Humble yourself under the might hand of God, First Peter 5:6.