Need to relax and de-stress? This list is bound to have the perfect stress reliever for you:
- Overcome Perfectionism: If you’re a perfectionist, you’re most likely causing unnecessary stress to yourself and those around you. This self test assesses your level of perfectionism, and provides resources for change.
- Overcome Type A Traits: Type A personality traits also have stress inducing effects. Test your ‘Type A’-ness, and find resources for handling these traits in yourself and others.
- Play Music During Your Commute: Music has great stress relief and health benefits. Try this, and find additional ways to use music as a daily stress reliever.
- Get a Massage: Massage can be a great way to relieve tension in your body, and a self-massager gives you an inexpensive massage any time. Read more about this and other stress relief gifts and tools.
- Take a Quiet Day: If you don’t have the money or time for a vacation, taking a quiet day is a great way to get a break. Here are some more ideas for stress reliever mini-vacations.
- Goof Off A Little With how busy we all are these days, it can pay off to take a little time to do nothing. We all instinctively knew this as children, but somewhere along the way got too busy to let our inner children come out to play. Read more about this and other stress relievers from childhood.
- Laugh With Your Friends: Laughter has significant stress management and even health benefits. Learn more about the stress relief benefits of laughter and find ways to work this great stress reliever into your day.
- Throw a Small Party: Social support works wonders on a person’s stress level, and each type of friend is important. Throw a small party (as opposed to a large, unruly one, or no party at all) and celebrate your most important friends and the roles they play in your life. You’ll strengthen your social bonds and relieve the stress you may be feeling.
- Have a Spa Night At Home: Taking time to pamper yourself is an important but often-forgotten stress reliever. An inexpensive way to do this is to have a spa night at home. Learn how now.
- Go on a News Fast: News is important, but what we hear in the news these days can be highly stressful. Taking one day a week to shun the news from t.v., the internet, and other sources can do us good. If anything really important is happening, you’ll hear about it, but the peace and quiet can be good for your stress levels.
- Read a Book: Getting lost in a good book can be a great way to relieve stress. Here’s a selection of good fiction and non-fiction that can be especially helpful for stress relief.
- Daydream: Give your mind a break and let it wander for a while. On purpose. Imagine yourself swimming in a pool of chocolate, floating on the moon, or winning a Nobel prize and going to Disneyland to celebrate. You’ll feel less stressed in just a few minutes!
Go to the next page for the remaining 13 stress reliever ideas.