Being in touch with our feelings should be considered a tool for wellness. Becoming fully aware of how different events affect us can help us decide things like:
- How much is too much to take on
- Which people are good for us, and which sap us of energy or self-confidence
- What vocation is really in line with our strengths and interests
- And many other important life decisions that affect our stress levels.
The following resources can help:
- Journaling: Journaling has terrific stress management and health benefits as well as the potential to be a wonderful self-discovery tool.
- Talking It Out: Talking with a close friend or even a professional about what you’re feeling and why can help you to sort through your feelings. They can also point out things about your thought process that you may not have thought about.