The Bottom Line
This could be a great tool for helping you get your life organized so you waste less time and energy, and feel less stressed in general. Getting organized can feel overwhelming, and this book can be a great tool to help you get there.
- Well-organized reading.
- Breaks the process down into simple steps.
- Covers organizing on many levels.
- Colorful text boxes to keep the reading interesting.
- The book is pretty long, and some might find the amount of information overwhelming.
- The book can help you organize your house, room by room
- Organize your finances, including debt reduction and investments
- Organize time and finding balance
- Organize your home life, including household management
- Organize transitions like moving and seasonal changes
Guide Review - Organizing Plain & Simple, by Donna Smallin
Being organized is a great way to manage stress. The book Organizing Plain & Simple, by Donna Smallin, is an excellent resource for getting organized and having a simpler, less cluttered life in the process. It has chapters for every area of your house and your life, self-tests so you can rate your current level of disorganization, colorful boxes with helpful tools to keep the reading interesting and easily accessible, and other great features. In addition to offering practical information in easily digestible chunks, the book in several places invites you to explore the roots of your disorganization, what your clutter means to you, and otherwise facilitates self-examination to help you change your outside world as well as your inner world (as your external life is often a reflection of your inner life). While I wouldnt discount the useful information on getting organized that youll find on this site and on the About network, this book can be a great tool to help, as it can be read before bed, while waiting in line, and at other times when you have just a small amount of time and would like to learn something new that you can implement into your own life.