There are numerous effective ways to use visualization to relieve stress. This technique is great for people who feel a significant amount of general stress and would like to quickly feel more relaxed. It can work just about anywhere and takes only a few minutes.
Time Required: A Few Minutes
- Find a quiet place where you can rest and think for a few minutes.
- Get into a comfortable position that allows you to breathe easily and relax your muscles.
- Close your eyes and breathe slowly and deeply. As you breathe in, imagine that you are ‘inhaling peace,’ that is, imagine that peace is filling you up, coming in through your lungs and circulating around your body.
- As you exhale, visualize all the stress and negativity leaving your body through your nose and mouth. After several repetitions, you should feel your stress significantly lessened.
- Learn more about stress and stress management with these ongoing stress management resources.
What You Need
- A few minutes of solitude
- Your imagination