It's often said that laughter is the best medicine--which is true for a great many ailments--but it's also useful for many other purposes. This is why there is an international holiday dedicated to getting more laughter and smiles into your day, and into your life! There are many ways to celebrate, but they all involve doing things that will make you laugh and enjoy your life. Why laugher? It brings a host of benefits, both physical and psychological. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Endorphins!: A good, solid laugh releases positive hormones that lift your mood.
- Physical Release: Laughter releases tension and stress that you may be carrying in your body.
- Social Bonding: Sharing a good laugh brings people closer together. And strong social relationships are great for stress relief.
- Perspective: Being able to laugh at your problems can make them less stressful and scary. A good laugh can lighten the mood in a dark room.
- Health Benefits: Laughter carries these health benefits.
Here are some more laugher resources and ways to get more laugher into your life:
- The Benefit of Laughter
- More Research on Laughter
- How To Laugh More and Have Fun for Stress Relief
- How To Maintain A Sense of Humor to Cope With Stress
What are you going to do to get more laughter into your day?
Quizzes | Ongoing Resources