Happiness Happens Month is an important observance brought to you by the Secret Society of Happy People, a not-so-secret group conceived of and run by Pamela Gail, a happiness-observing (and very nice) person who has helmed the SOHP for the past 14 years. There are a few ways in which she recommends we celebrate happiness:
- If you're happy and you know it ... tell somebody!
- If someone else is happy and they know it ... listen!
Another way Pamela recommends spreading happiness is to answer some happiness-related questions in an email, and send it out to your friends; they can then answer them and send them back to you and to their friends. What a great way to spread the joy! You can also put your answers into a 'note' on Facebook and share the note with your friends, inviting them to write their own. I'm adding them to a discussion on my own About Stress Management Facebook page, so you can go there, read my answers and those of other readers, and share your own answers. (The SOHP Facebook page is a pretty great destimation, too, as is the SOHP website.) So, you're wondering what the questions are, right? Read on:
- What's the happiest moment you've had recently?
- What song makes your toes tap?
- What TV show makes you laugh?
- When you need a happy-pick-me-up what movie do you watch?
- What's your favorite childhood food?
- What's your happy beverage?
- What's your favorite smell?
- Who makes you smile just thinking of them?
- Where and when was your favorite vacation?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- If you had a happy adjective in front of your name what would it be?
- What are your favorite happiness quotes?
Here Are Some Of My Own Happiness Resources: