Fortunately, there are also many options for managing that stress! Today I gave a keynote presentation on college stress and stress management for College Week Live, an online college fair attended by thousands. (It's free to watch, and you can find it through the link, under "Keynote Sessions." Here is a list of other presenters, here is the College Week Live Agenda, and here is more about College Week Live.)
If you're a current college student, a high school student who's looking forward to going to college in the near future, or the parent of an incoming college student, this talk will help you to know how to prepare for college stress and learn to mange it. (If you're not an incoming college student, you'll still find nice stress management information there.) I received some great questions, many of which I couldn't answer during the webinar, so I'll be answering them in the form of articles here--stay tuned for that!
In the meantime, here are some additional resources that can help with college stress and stress relief. Use them to take charge of your college years and make them the best they can be!
- Common Causes (And Effects) of Stress In College
- How To Reduce Stress in College
- The Root Cause Of College Sleep Deprivation
- College Stress Traps To Avoid
- The Freshman 15: What You Need To Know
- Fox Business: How To Handle A Difficult Roommate
- About.com College Life: College Time Management Tips
- Common Studying Mistakes People Make--And How To Avoid Them